- Can anybody please provide any link to calculate force required to bend a metal sheet into pipe? or describe how is it calculated?
It depends upon the thickness of sheet and required diameter to be formed from the sheet.
- A bearing is designated as 6205 , what is it’s bore diameter:
Generally for bearing bore diameter is 5 times the last number in its designation i.e. for designation 6205, Bore diameter should be 25
- where half nut is use
the half hut is use in lathe .in this half nut mechanism is engaged during the thread cutting operation.and it connect carriage and lead screw.it having 2 portion one half is fixed and one movable.
- why the rail in form of I-beam?
It’s flexural rigidity is high and it’s cross section consume low metal.
- what is difference between pressure and stress?
When the force or load acting on the fluid(pneumatic or hydraulic)per unit area is known as PRESSURE.. its purely subjected to fluids……..
when the force or load acting on the object(solid) within the elastic limit of an object create internal resistance to resist the apply load. that internal resistance is known as STRAIN for per unit area of that object.. Its mainlysubjected to solids…
- Is there any rake angle in blade? which is used to shave the beard ?
it consists of negative rake angle.
- stress strain diagram for fluid
PARALLEL LINE HORIZONTAL TO STRSS AXIS
- what’s the range of poisons ratio of a stable material?
Theoretical values are — -1 to 0.5
Practical values are — 0 to 0.5
- what is the difference between limit of proportionality and elastic limit
Up to the limit of proportionality stress is directly proportional to strain,follows hooks law,elastic limit is limit for elasticity of material.