1. How do you come to know air is Fully Saturated?
In its Dew point. (100% relative humidity condition).
2. What is the hottest part of refrigerant in the refrigeration System?
Compressor. (Some types of refrigeration system will reach up to 311 deg Celsius.)
3. How to measure Temperature of a Bearing?
Normally the temperature range from 80 degree to 110 degree Celsius. So the following temperature measurement devices are used.
· Dial Type Bearing Temperature Detector
· Stator Winding Temperature Detector
· Resistance Bearing Temperature Detector (Bearing RTD)
· Specialized in Pin type RTD
4. What is the purpose of Geyser Pressure Valve?
To release the pressure created inside due to evaporation of water.
5. What is a Sentinel Relief Valve?
It’s a special type valve system. The valve will open when exhaust casing pressure is excessive (high). The valve warns the operator only; it is not intended to relieve the casing pressure.
6. How is the excess Discharge Pressure prevented?
Discharge pressure prevented by a pressurized spike cushion. Here the system employs a pressurized cushion of air and a two o-ring piston, which permanently separates this air cushion from the water system. When the valve closes and the water flow is suddenly stopped, the pressure spike pushes the piston up the arrester chamber against the pressurized cushion of air. The air cushion in the arrester reacts instantly, absorbing the pressure spike that causes water hammer.
7. What does F.O.F. stand for in Piping design?
Face of Flange.
The F.O.F (Raised face and Flat face) is used to know the accurate dimension of the flange in order to avoid the minute errors in measurement in case of vertical or horizontal pipe lines.
You might also like